Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here's to an upcoming Hughes knee injury. May it be his last....


"Raises glass"

Toasting from my goblet of watered down sprite, I have to say i'm going to be happy when Hughes finally hangs 'em up. I fully comprehend his importance to the UFC and how hes going to go down in history as one of the greatest welterweights of all time, but for gods sake, is it too much to ask to see him get handled by Mini-me in their upcoming bout? While something is to be said about talent trumping most everything else, I still have to say his chipmunk cheeks getting the nuts knocked out of em is going to put a smile on my face.

I watched as he feigned ignorance to the fact that he was moments shy of losing a few hundred thousand more brain cells via cerebral stand-by after he knocked Newton silly, and while that one of the most spectacular finishes Ive ever seen, it puts a slight damper on my enthusiasm seeing him throw Carlos into oncoming traffic by attempting to convince everyone he wasn't out cold (I know he's admitted to it now, but for me, better late than never does not apply here).
His consistent attempts to hold court with countless UFC referees on charges of fouls is another talking point, with his attitude towards other fighters while cameras aren't pointed directly at his face finally rounds out my short list of gripes with the guy. So once again, Hell of a fighter, Hell of a douchebag.

Also, to defend my Mini-me comment, all joking aside, Serra does line up favorably when compare/contrasted. am-i-right?
(Got nothin but love for ya Serra)

No comments:

Post a Comment