Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Initial Foray....

Seeing as how these are going to be my first attempts at throwing myself out into the gauntlet, so to speak, ill start out with giving you guys a fly-by of what im all about. Im a 21 year old kid, but one with a pretty extensive backround in judo and jiu jitsu. Ive been attempting, without much success so far, to get myself into a position to train fighters to incorporate judo and jiu-jitsu, not two separate entities, but one continuous art, into their repetoire. Colby Lilly, my first project, has his second amateur fight coming up on the 9th of this month, and I will be reporting on all the adventures we manage to get ourselves into.

The reason for my lack of success is in large part due to my schooling, and to be candid, my inability to motivate myself to get out there and train. So, in an effort to deviate from this abomination of a path, ive decided to start writing about everything I deem news worthy in this MMA scene that I love so much. From watching UFC 1 with my dad on one of the "little black boxes" to getting hooked back on with an entire generation of "TUF noobs" during the Ultimate Fighter finale, im going to attempt to compress all my rants, raves, and outbursts into a single outlet.

Let it commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment